Musicians can register for the following workshops :
Registrations for the workshops have to be made as soon as possible to allow us to send you the scores before the workshops.
Bring your instrument (violin, viola, cello, bass, bandoneon, flute, guitar, clarinet...). Pianos are at your disposal, but in limited numbers.
For professional musicians who whish to perfect their knowledge of the various styles in tango.
Master Class Fee : 70 € (no reduced rate)
Workshop Timetable: 17 hours of lessons split up as follows :
- Thursday 18th August from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm
- Friday 19th August from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm and from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm
- Saturday 20th August from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm and from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm
- Sunday 21st August from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm and from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm
It is taught by Roger Helou, the pianist and director of the Silencio orchestra.
The professional musicians taking the Master Class will play for the milonga on Sunday 21st August.
A minimum of 6 registrations on 8th August are demanded to maintain the Master Class.
Instrument Pass Fee : 200 € / Reduced Rate 120 € only for students younger than 26 and secondary school pupils providing written proof.
Workshop Timetable :
6 workshops of 5 hours (for a total of 30 hours) from Monday 22nd to Saturday 27th August, from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm and from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm (The timetable is different for bandoneonists).
4 options :
For amateur musicians with a good instrumental practice and professionals starting tango.
The musicians of the Silbando orchestra will teach the workshop : Chloë Pfeiffer (piano and direction), Lysandre Donoso (bandoneon), Mathias Nanon (violin), Lucas Eubel (bass).
- Workshop programme : learning the techniques and the style of traditional and contemporary tango, in an orchestra and in smaller bands.
At the end of the workshop, all the participants will play for the « Grand Apéro » on Saturday 27th August.
Required level : a good knowledge of the instrument and of the left and right fingerboards.
The bandoneonist Marcelo Mercadante will teach the workshop.
- Programme : 1 hour of pair work in the morning then personnal practice the rest of the morning, and a workshop with all the participants from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm (a limited number of 6 participants).
The guitarist Diego Trosman will teach the workshop.
- Programme : arrangements specially written for this occasion, as well as a more spontaneous work, « a la parilla » based on grids / tablatures.
At the end of the workshop, the musicians will perform to show the work they accomplished during the week. A minimum de 5 registrations on 8th August are needed to maintain the guitar option workshop.
Parilla singer accompaniment option
The multi-instrumentist and singer Alfonso Pacin will teach the workshop.
- Programme : the participants (any instrument possible) will work on « à la parilla » pieces, that is live arrangement creation starting from a single simple melodic line ??? with chord grids / tablatures. The repertoire matches the singing programme.
At the end of the workshop, the musicians will show the work they accomplished with the singers during the week.
Singer Pass Fee : 200 € / Reduced rate 120 € only for students younger than 26 and secondary school pupils providing written proof.
Workshop timetable :
6 workshops of 5 hours (adding up to 30 hours) from Monday 22nd to Saturday 27th August from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm and from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm.
Ana Karina Rossi, Hernán Genovese and Mirtha Alcaraz Dahhani will teach the interpretation and vocal technique classes, dedicated to tango.
Singers will be split into groups to better adapt the teaching to their levels.
They should have basic knowledge of Spanish.
The participants have to work on their partitions before the workshop.
At the end, the singers and the « parilla singer accompaniment option » musicians will show the work they accomplished during the week.
DJ Pass Fee : 80 € (no reduced rate)
Workshop timetable :
3 workshops of 3 hours (9 hours) from Wednesday 24th to Friday 26th August from 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm.
The Argentinian DJ, Gabriel Sodini will teach this workshop.
The Dj plays a very important part in a successful evening. Thanks to his musical programme, he takes control over the energy and the milonga, and he is responsible for the smoothly-working course of the dance.
Such a perception is fundamental.
« Knowing how to read » what the dancers wish for on the dance floor is what the workshop aims at. Hence the milonga can be a success.
A minimum of 5 registrations on 8th August is required to maintain the DJ Pass Workshop.
> Download the Registration form